PBS LEARNINGMEDIA™ “GET YOUR TECH ON” SWEEPSTAKES 2014
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The PBS LearningMedia “Get Your Tech On” Sweepstakes 2014 (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Public Broadcasting Service (the “Sponsor”) begins at Noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 2, 2014 and ends at Noon ET on December 1, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). For the purposes of awarding the Weekly Prizes, the Entry Period is further divided into Weeks, as described in Section 5 below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is a trade promotion which is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia (collectively, the “Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years of age and older and who are employed (during the Entry Period and at the time prizes are awarded) as a fulltime or part time teacher who provides direct instruction to students in any grade from Kindergarten through Grade 12, at a public, private or parochial school located in the U.S. which has a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation (or equivalent, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and is organized and primarily operated for educational purposes. For the purposes of these Official Rules, an eligible entrant as described in the preceding sentence may hereafter be referred to as a “teacher” or “entrant”, and an eligible school as described in the preceding sentence may be hereafter referred to as a “school”. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, WGBH Educational Foundation, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, member stations, advertising and promotion agencies (including any entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes), and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Eligibility may be verified by Sponsor at any time. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsor whose decisions are final. Void outside the Eligibility Area and where prohibited. Certain jurisdictions within the Eligibility Area are eligible for different types of Weekly prizes; see Section 5 below for details.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules. Note that eligible teachers who enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to have entered both on their own behalf, and as employees of their respective schools. By entering the Sweepstakes, each teacher represents and warrants that his/her school: (a) has full knowledge of his/her actions in conjunction with the Sweepstakes; (b) has consented to his/her participation; and (c) has consented to the potential receipt of the applicable prize(s) described below.
4. TO ENTER: To prepare for entry into the Sweepstakes, first visit www.pbslearningmedia.org and follow the “sign up for free” link and subsequent instructions to create a free user account (teachers who already have a free user account at www.pbslearningmedia.org may skip this step). Then, during the Entry Period, log into your www.pbslearningmedia.org account and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Follow the instructions to complete your entry and submitno later than Noon ET on December 1, 2014. By participating, the information associated with your www.pbslearningmedia.org account will be considered submitted as part of your entry; see Section 10 below for more details. An eligible teacher may enter once each day for the entire 91-day Entry Period – for a total of 91 entries, and each such entry will automatically include one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing, well as one (1) entry into the corresponding Weekly Drawing Pool (as defined in Section 5 below). Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person except for the first valid entry submitted on a given day. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited. Entries which are incomplete or do not conform to all requirements will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Sweepstakes website or entry form is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. By participating, each entrant warrants and represents that all personal information provided in conjunction with his/her participation is truthful, current and accurate, and is his/her own information. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor upon submission. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her contact information during the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. WEEKLY PRIZE RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS/PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS: For the purposes of awarding the Weekly Prizes, the Entry Period is first divided into Weeks, as follows:
Begins 12:00:00 AM ET (except as noted) on:
Ends 11:59:59 PM ET (except as noted) on:
Drawing Date, on/about
9/2/14 at Noon ET
12/1/14 at Noon ET
The entries associated with a particular Week are further divided into one of two Divisions, which are eligible for different weekly prizes as follows:
Entries from one Weekly Drawing Pool are not carried forward into subsequent Weekly Drawing Pools (however, all eligible entries will be included in the Grand Prize drawing as described below in Section 6). On or about each Drawing Date listed above, an independent judging organization will conduct: [a] a random drawing from among the entries received for the applicable Division 1 Weekly Drawing Pool to select one potential Division 1 Weekly Prize winner; and [b] a random drawing from among the entries received for the applicable Division 2 Weekly Drawing Pool to select one potential Division 2 Weekly Prize winner. Limit one Weekly prize per person. Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable Weekly Drawing Pool.Total ARV of all Weekly prizes is $13,663. Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per person. Winning a Weekly Prize does not affect an entrant’s chances of winning the Grand Prize. See Section 7 below for winner notification details and additional prize restrictions.
6. GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS/PRIZE DESCRIPTION: On or about December 2, 2014, an independent judging organization will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries timely received, to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winning entry. The verified school associated with the eligible Grand Prize winning entry will receive a Samsung Galaxy tablet computer for each student in the associated teacher’s class, awarded as a grand total of thirty (30) Samsung Galaxy tablet computers selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, total ARV $9,840.00. If the Grand Prize winning entry happens to be from among the entries received from Division 1 entrants, the verified school will also receive one year of online access to PBS LearningMedia’s Custom service for the winner’s school, with an ARV of $395 (but only if such school has not already won such a prize as part of a Division 1 Weekly Prize). For the avoidance of doubt, the Grand Prize does not include any prizes to be awarded to directly to the teacher associated with the Grand Prize winning entry. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. See Section 7 below for winner notification details and additional prize restrictions.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail, to verify his/her (and if applicable, the associated school’s) eligibility and ability to accept the applicable prize. If such a potential winner is not available or if there is no answer at the time any notification telephone call is made, a phone message will be left (if possible). Any such phone message or e-mail will instruct the potential winner to call a specified telephone number or reply by e-mail within five (5) full business days after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such five (5) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winners may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. Teachers and the schools associated with a winning entry may subsequently be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release, and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor (including but not limited to the execution of a service agreement with Sponsor as it relates to PBS Learning Media Custom Service), within the time period specified in the notification document. In the case of a dispute over which school is associated with a particular entry, Sponsor reserves the right to designate a school in its sole discretion. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any school which may potentially receive a prize via the Sweepstakes may also be required to provide evidence of its 501(c)(3) tax exempt status (or equivalent, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) along with a properly competed IRS W-9 form within the time period specified in the notification document. Any potential winner or prize recipient may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) the entrant or school associated with a potential winning entry fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) the entrant or school associated with a potential winning entry fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, any voice-mail or message left is not timely returned, or any forms sent to potential winners/prize recipients are not timely returned as instructed. In the event of disqualification or prize forfeiture, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the applicable prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after three (3) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain unawarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing postal address, e-mail address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, e-mail or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Any prize details and restrictions not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes may differ from any prizes shown in promotional materials. No prize transfer. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. All taxes (including without limitation federal, state and local taxes) in connection with a prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients. Sponsor makes no representations regarding the tax liability associated with any prize, and winners are advised to seek counsel regarding any tax liabilities associated with their prize. Unless otherwise indicated herein or in any applicable manufacturer’s warranty information, all prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. The preceding excludes any express warranties on Sponsor's products; such warranties being limited by their stated terms/conditions.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor, WGBH Educational Foundation, Facebook, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, member stations, advertising and promotion agencies (including any entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes), together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned organizations and individuals collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible and shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail; (b) incorrect entry data, along with any and all electronic, network, computer, cellular, or other technical malfunctions or any human error that may occur upon collection, processing and transmission of data; (c) any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes; or (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. By participating in the Sweepstakes, teachers and their respective schools agree to: (a) abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes; (b) the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Sponsor and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of this information online, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to a winner to the extent permitted by law; (c) waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself; and (d) forever and irrevocably release, indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes, attendance or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy and the collection, use and/or sharing by Sponsor of personally identifiable information of the entrants, or for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any or prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The failure of the Releasees to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Releasees (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsorreserves the right to modify these rules for purposes of clarification without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each participating teacher and school agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each participant's remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each participant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and/or Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Virginia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in Arlington County, Virginia. All participants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
11. RULES REQUESTS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: PBS LearningMedia “Get Your Tech On” Sweepstakes Rules, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by January 31, 2015.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2015 to: PBS LearningMedia “Get Your Tech On” Sweepstakes Winners, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Public Broadcasting Service, 2100 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Samsung is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Samsung and Galaxy are trademarks of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and/or its related entities, and are used with permission.